Mango-Cilantro Salsa over FishFrom crystalkai 7 years ago
- Mango-cilantro Salsa: shopping list
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and pitted, diced shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1/2 red onion, chopped shopping list
- zest of one lime shopping list
- juice of one lime shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, washed and patted dry, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 2 lbs fish fillets (may substitute w/ pork or lamb) shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. five-spice powder shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. hoisin sauce (3 tbs for lamb or pork) shopping list
- 1 tsp sesame oil shopping list
How to make it
- Combine Salsa ingredients - stir gently together. Cover and refrigerate to allow flavors to blend. (a few hours if you have the time)
- Turn grill on to high to preheat.
- Cut fillets into 1-1.5 inches thick servings (approx .35-.5 lbs per person)
- (I you're using a flaky delicate fish be sure to wrap in tin foil or a tea leaf so it doesn't stick to the grill. I like Ono or Mahi b/c they are firm)
- In a small dish or measuring cup, combine hoisin sauce and sesame oil. Coat the fillets with sauce
- Season fillets with the pepper, salt and five-spice powder.
- Your grill should be hot - about 375 to 400 degrees. Grill about 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Cover with salsa and server!