Hands Off Pasta SauceFrom thenewmrsstreetman 8 years ago
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) shopping list
- 1 cup diced onion shopping list
- ½ teaspoon oregano shopping list
- 1 teaspoon rosemary shopping list
- 1 ½ teaspoon chopped garlic shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- ¼ cup white wine shopping list
- ¾ cup chicken broth or stock shopping list
- 2 cups tomato sauce shopping list
- 3 cups canned chopped tomatoes in juice shopping list
- ¼ cup capers shopping list
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives shopping list
- 1/8 cup parsley shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar (to counteract tomato acidity) shopping list
- 1 lb. lean ground beef shopping list
How to make it
- Warm skillet, then add EVOO and swirl all around skillet till fully coated.
- Brown beef, drain
- Add onions and salt to taste, if desired. Cook for 5-7 min. or until soft.
- Add all herbs, garlic and bay leaf and cook for 1 minute.
- Add wine and bring to boil.
- Add stock, sugar, tomato sauce and chopped tomatoes. Simmer for 1.5 hours.
- Add capers, olives, parsley and serve over desired pasta.
- Note: These are all just a starting point. You do NOT need to use all of these ingredients if you don’t like any one in particular. This is just an idea for how things are done. I add a lot more wine to mine to give it a more distinct and sophisticated flavor.