Three Bean Turkey ChiliFrom digitaldiva 8 years ago
- 1.5 - 2 lbs ground turkey shopping list
- 1 Tbsp Tabasco shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 Large yellow onion shopping list
- 1 bell pepper shopping list
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Minced garlic shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. cumin shopping list
- 1 ¼ Tbsp. oregano shopping list
- 2 Tbsp Cacao Powder shopping list
- ½ Tsp. cayenne pepper (for spicier option add additional 1/8 Tsp.) shopping list
- ½ Tbsp. sugar shopping list
- 1 Tsp. chili powder shopping list
- 1 28 oz. can Diced Peeled tomatoes shopping list
- 1 15.5 oz can each black beans pinto beans and kidney beans shopping list
- (Larger cans of beans can be used if you prefer, or different types. Choices are endless!) shopping list
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Masa flour (optional as thickener) shopping list
How to make it
- Lightly brown turkey with Tabasco sauce in large skillet. Drain off any excess fat. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, salt, pepper and brown for 6 minutes or until onions are soft.
- Place meat mixture into slow cooker with remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 - 10 hours.
- 30 Minutes prior to serving, stir in masa flour (if desired) and turn to 'HIGH'. Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve with cornbread and a dollop of sour cream.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- digitaldiva Las Vegas, NV
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookdigitaldiva Las Vegas, NV
- Not added to any groups yet!