Cajun SpaghettiFrom jakartainflames 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 8 ounces tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 pound small shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1 fluid ounce cold water shopping list
- 12 ounces spaghetti shopping list
- 8 green onions, minced shopping list
How to make it
- In a 4 to 6 quart pot over medium heat, mix 4 ounces oil, tomato sauce, 8 to 12 ounces water, basil, 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Reduce heat to medium-low after reaching a boil; stir occasionally.
- Season shrimp with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper and 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes; mix thoroughly and reserve.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, warm 1 ounce oil and add green bell pepper, red bell pepper, onion and garlic for 3 to 5 minutes; stir occasionally.
- Add vegetables to tomato sauce and cook over medium heat. After 3 minutes reduce heat to low and cook for 20 to 25 minutes; stir occasionally.
- When sauce has approximately 7 to 10 minutes to cook until completion, add seasoned shrimp to sauce; mix well. Bring heat to medium and stir occasionally.
- In a small dish, mix cornstarch and 1 ounce cold water; add mixture to sauce when sauce has 2 minutes left until completion and mix well.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and place in a serving bowl.
- Pour sauce over pasta and sprinkle with green onions; serve.