Spanish Saffron Chicken Dated 1972From chefmeow 7 years ago
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper shopping list
- 1 medium white onion sliced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic minced shopping list
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms sliced shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 2 teaspoons paprika shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dry chicken bouillon powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads shopping list
- 1 cup frozen peas shopping list
- 2 tablespoon sliced ripe olives pitted shopping list
- 1 /4 cup skimmed milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 3 cups hot cooked long grain rice shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper then place in large pot coated with cooking spray.
- Cook over medium heat until browned.
- Wipe pan drippings from pot with a paper towel.
- Coat pot again with nonstick cooking spray then place over medium high heat until hot.
- Add onion, garlic and mushrooms then sauté until tender.
- Add chicken, water, paprika, bouillon powder and saffron threads then bring to a boil.
- Cover then reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and set aside then add peas, olives and skim milk to pot.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water then add to vegetable mixture.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and cook stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Place rice on a serving platter and arrange chicken over rice then top with vegetables.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!