Elizabethan Orange CakesFrom marielaf 6 years ago
How to make it
- Peel and section the oranges and remove as much as possible of the membrane so you have only pulp left.
- Crush thoroughly and drain as dry as possible. (You can save the juice for other uses)
- To each half-cup of drained pulp, add one cup of sugar and mix until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Spread out thinly onto parchment paper in circles about the diameter of a saucer. Let dry until the top is fairly solid, then turn upside down onto another piece of parchment paper and use a knife blade to peel the paper away.
- Continue to let dry until the “cakes” are dry through. This process can be speeded up by placing in an oven with a pilot light, but still expect it to take several hours. (Or try it in a food dehydrator on the “Fruit” heat setting.)
- Break or cut into small pieces and store in an airtight container.