Double Apricot Glazed HamFrom wdsdy 7 years ago
- 1 cup dried apricots (6 ounces) shopping list
- 1 cup Swanson chicken broth or Natural Goodness Chicken Broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 6- to 8-pound fully cooked whole boneless ham* shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots shopping list
- 2 jars (12 ounces each) apricot preserves (about 2 cups) shopping list
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind shopping list
How to make it
- PLACE apricots and broth in microwavable measuring cup.
- Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Remove apricots and cut into (bite-size) strips.
- Reserve broth.
- Mix apricots, sugar and --1/4 cup of the reserved broth, reserving the rest.
- PLACE ham in roasting pan.
- Bake at 325-degrees F. for 2 hours or until thermometer registers 140-degrees F. (Allow 15 minutes per pound).
- Top with apricot mixture during last 30 minutes of baking, basting frequently with pan drippings.
- HEAT butter in skillet.
- Add shallots and cook until tender.
- Add apricot preserves, Dijon mustard, grated orange rind and remaining reserved broth.
- Heat to a boil.
- Cook over low heat 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- SLICE ham and serve with apricot sauce.
- *THIS recipe can be halved.
- Use 3-pound fully cooked boneless ham for 16 servings.
- Prepare as above but reduce remaining ingredients in half, and adjust baking time for a 3 pound ham.