P F Changs Lettuce WrapsFrom marky90 5 years ago
- 16 Boston, bibb or butter lettuce leaves (or head of lettuce, rinsed, using large leaves) Hint-cheaper and better hold of the good stuff. shopping list
- 1 pound ground chicken breast shopping list
- 1 large onion -- chopped shopping list
- 1/2 Cup pine nuts, chopped (optional) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar or red wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Asian chili pepper sauce (see Note) shopping list
- 1 can (8 ounce size) sliced water chestnuts -- drained, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 bunch green onions -- thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse lettuce leaves, keeping them whole. Set aside to drain.
- Cook chicken in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring often to break up the meat. Add onion, garlic, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger, vinegar and chili sauce. Cook until the meat is crumbled and brown. Add water chestnuts, pine nuts and green onions. Cook until onions begin to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in sesame oil. Arrange lettuce leaves on the outer edge of a platter. Spoon meat mixture in center. Allow diners to spoon meat mixture into lettuce leaves and eat like a taco.
- Note: Asian chili pepper sauce can be found in the Asian section of most supermarkets. Some brands contain garlic, which is fine. You can use 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper or 1/2 teaspoon dried red chili flakes instead.
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating22 people
Ooooh just love these! Easy to make and fun to eat...got my five Marky!juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
One of my favorite foods! No kidding. Thanks for sharing. Maretheiris in Garden City loved it
Yum!danadooley in Singapore loved it