Slow Cooker Sweet amp Sour ChickenFrom mizzgreeneyez2001 5 years ago
- 1 medium onion, sliced shopping list
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, sliced shopping list
- 1 medium celery stalk, sliced shopping list
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (1-1/2 lb.), cut into bite-size pieces shopping list
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup KRAFT Catalina dressing shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp. grated gingerroot shopping list
- 1 can (8 oz.) pineapple chunks, drained, liquid reserved shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced shopping list
- 1 medium red pepper, sliced shopping list
- 4-1/2 cups hot cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- PLACE onions, carrots and celery in slow cooker; top with chicken.
- ADD combined brown sugar, dressing, soy sauce and ginger. Cover with lid.
- COOK on LOW for 7 to 8 hours (or on HIGH for 3-1/2 to 4 hours). During last 30 min. of cooking time, increase to HIGH. Stir cornstarch into reserved pineapple liquid; add to slow cooker along with the pineapple and peppers. Cook 30 min. or until peppers are crisp-tender and sauce is thickened. Serve over the rice.
The Cookmizzgreeneyez2001 Brooklyn Park, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!