Cherry-Cheese Crescent BraidFrom mizzgreeneyez2001 8 years ago
- Braid shopping list
- 1 (8-oz.) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls shopping list
- 1/2 cup cream cheese with pineapple (from 8-oz. container) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1 egg, separated shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped candied red cherries shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- glaze shopping list
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- 1 to 2 teaspoons milk shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Unroll dough onto cookie sheet, forming 13x7-inch rectangle. Firmly press perforations to seal.
- In medium bowl, combine cream cheese and 2 tablespoons sugar; beat well. Beat in egg yolk. Stir in cherries. Spoon lengthwise down center of dough rectangle in 2 1/2-inch-wide strip. Cut 1-inch-wide strips on each side of cream cheese filling to within 1/2 inch of filling. Fold strips at an angle across filling mixture, alternating from side to side.
- In small bowl, combine egg white and water; beat well. Brush egg white mixture over dough. (Discard any remaining egg white mixture.) Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Bake at 375°F. for 15 to 20 minutes or until deep golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet; place on serving tray. Cool 5 minutes.
- In small bowl, blend powdered sugar, almond extract and enough milk for desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle glaze over warm braid. If desired, garnish with additional candied cherries. Cool 15 minutes before slicing. Serve warm. Store in refrigerator.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- mizzgreeneyez2001 Brooklyn Park, MN
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookmizzgreeneyez2001 Brooklyn Park, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!