Chocolate Cherry CookiesFrom yexalen 7 years ago
- 1 package (18oz refridgerated sugar cookie dough) shopping list
- 1/3 cup unsweetened dutch process cocoa powder ***Read below*** shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons maraschino cherry juice devided shopping list
- 18 maraschino cherries cut into halves shopping list
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- ***Dutch process or European style cocoa gives these cookies an intense chocolate flavor and a dark rish color. Other unsweetened cocoa can be substituted but the flavor may be milder and the color may be lighter.*** shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Lightly grease cookie sheets
- Let dough stand at room temp for about 15 minutes
- Combine cookie dough, cocoa and 1 tbsp cherry juice in a large bowl
- Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- Shape dough into 3/4 inch balls; placed 2 inches apart on cookie sheet
- Flatten balls slightly
- Press cherry half into center of each ball
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until set. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely
- *******GLAZE FOR DRIZZLING OVER COOKIES******
- Combine Powdered sugar and remaining 2 tbsp of cherry juice in a small bowl
- Whisk until smooth and well blended.
- You can add more cherry juice a tsp at a time if needed to make it thick.
- Drizzle over COOLED cookies let stand until set
The Cookyexalen WA
- Not added to any groups yet!