Hearty Tuna CasseroleFrom sarah_jane 6 years ago
- 2 cans (6 1/2oz. each) chunk-style tuna shopping list
- 6 oz. (3 cups) uncooked egg noodles shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions shopping list
- 1/2- 2/3 cup dairy sour cream shopping list
- 2 tsp. mustard shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves shopping list
- 1/4- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 sm. zucchini, scrubbed and sliced shopping list
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1 med. tomato, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Drain and flake the tune. Set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse in hot water.
- Combine noodles wuth tuna, celery, and green onions.
- Blend in the sour cream, mustard, mayonnaise, thyme, and salt.
- Spoon half the misture into a buttered 2-quart casserole. Top with half the zucchini. Repeat with layes.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees (F) for 30 min. or until hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with chopped tomato.
- You may substitute canned, drained and flaked sakmon for the tuna. You may also add some chopped fresh parsley, dill, basil, or chives to the casserole.
The Cooksarah_jane Roseburg, OR
- Not added to any groups yet!