Filet Mignon With Mushroom Wine SauceFrom jovi_nutt 7 years ago
- 1 Tbsp butter or stick margarine, divided shopping list
- 1/3 c. finely chopped shallots shopping list
- 1/2 pound fresh shitake mushrooms, stems removed shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. Cabernet Sauvignon or other dry red wine, divided shopping list
- 1 ( 10 1/2 ounce) can beef consumme, undiluted and divided shopping list
- cracked black pepper shopping list
- 1 ( 4-oz) filet mignon steaks ( about 1 inch thick) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- thyme sprigs ( optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Melt 1 1/2 tsp butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and mushrooms, saute for 4 minutes. Add 1 cup wine and 3/4 cups consomme, cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove the mushrooms with a slotted spoon, place in a bowl. Increase heat to high, cook wine mixture until reduced to 1/2 cup ( about 5 minutes). Add to mushrooms in bowl, set aside. Wipe pan with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle pepper over steaks. Melt 1 1/2 tsp butter in pan over medium heat. Add steaks, cook 3 minutes on each side. Reduce heat to medium low; cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Place on platter, keep warm.
- Combine soy sauce and cornstarch. Add 1/2 cup wine and remaining consomme to skillet, scrape skillet to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil, cook 1 minute. Add mushroom mixture, cornstarch mixture, and dried thyme; bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Serve sauce with steaks. Garnish with thyme sprigs if desired...