Ricotta Manicotti with Tomato SauceFrom caramia 6 years ago
- coarse salt and ground pepper (6-inch) shopping list
- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti, cooked, drained, and cooled shopping list
- 2 containers (15 ounces each) part-skim ricotta cheese shopping list
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups shredded parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 ounce dried mushrooms, such as shiitake, soaked and drained, and finely chopped shopping list
- 4 cups Basic tomato sauce (below) shopping list
- Basic tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 small onion, diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 2 cans (28 ounces) whole tomatoes in juice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- coarse salt and ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta, drain, and cool. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together ricotta, eggs, thyme, oregano, and 1 cup Parmesan. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Stir in mushrooms.
- Using a plastic bag for filling, stuff cooled pasta shells (about 3 tablespoons ricotta mixture in each). Coat bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with 2 cups tomato sauce. Line up manicotti in baking dish, and cover with 2 cups sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan. Bake until bubbly, about 30 minutes.
- Tomato Sauce
- In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Cook 1 small diced onion and 2 minced garlic cloves, stirring frequently, until translucent, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add two 28-ounce cans whole tomatoes in juice and 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano. Simmer, stirring occasionally, breaking up tomatoes with a spoon, until thickened, 20 to 30 minutes. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper
The Cookcaramia US.
- Not added to any groups yet!