Chicken and Vegetables with HerbsFrom watson2167 6 years ago
- 8 ounces mushrooms, halved shopping list
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 4 small chicken legs (drumstick-thigh portion; skinned) (2 to 2-1/2 pounds total) shopping list
- chicken broth (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- Hot cooked mashed potatoes (optional) shopping list
- fresh parsley sprigs (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a 5-1/2- or 6-quart slow cooker, combine mushrooms and pearl onions. Stir in the 1/2 cup broth, the wine, tomato paste, garlic salt, rosemary, thyme, pepper, and bay leaf. Add chicken legs to cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4 hours.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken and vegetables to a serving platter. Discard bay leaf. Cover chicken and vegetables and keep warm.
- For sauce: Skim fat from cooking liquid. Measure 2 cups of the cooking liquid, adding additional chicken broth, if necessary, to equal 2 cups total liquid. Transfer liquid to a medium saucepan. In a small bowl, stir the 1/4 cup broth into the flour; stir into liquid in saucepan. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir for 1 minute more. Spoon some of the sauce over chicken. Pass remaining sauce. If desired, serve with mashed potatoes and garnish with parsley.
- Best serve with side of Jasmine rice.
The Cookwatson2167 Las Vegas, NV
- Not added to any groups yet!