Apricot ChickenFrom dariana 9 years ago
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1/4 cup red onion - chopped fine shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic - chopped fine shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 cup apricot nectar shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 2 tablespoons arpicot jam shopping list
- 10 dried apricots, quartered shopping list
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce - chopped fine shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter to finish sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Chicken Directions:
- Heat large skillet over medium heat, heat the batter and oil.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the skillet.
- Cook until browned on all sides, approximately 4 minutes each side depending on how thick, or until no longer pink in the middle.
- Transfer to a dish to keep warm in the oven while making sauce
- Sauce Directions:
- In the same skillet, add the onion and cook until tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook one more minute.
- Add nectar, chicken stock, jam and dried apricots.
- Bring to a boil and cook down until reduced by half, approximately 10 mintues.
- Add chipotle and stir to combine.
- Reduce the heat and add butter.
- Return the chicken to the skillet with the juices.
- Turn pieces to coat with sauce.
- Serve with basmati and wild rice with chicken on top and a few spoonfuls of sauce over the top.