Green Chili Tortilla SoupFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 onion diced shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 1 carrot diced shopping list
- 1 green pepper diced shopping list
- 2 stalks celery diced shopping list
- 4 cups tomato juice shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups water shopping list
- 4 ounce can chopped green mild chilies shopping list
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons salsa shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cumin shopping list
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips stale okay shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Heat butter and olive oil then saute onion and garlic until transparent.
- Add carrot, green pepper and celery then saute l minute.
- Add tomato juice, water and green chilies then cover and cook over medium heat 25 minutes.
- Lower heat then stir in lemon juice, salsa and cumin.
- Add 1 cup crushed tortilla chips to soup and let sit 10 minutes.
- Just before serving garnish each bowl with several teaspoons crushed chips and cilantro.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- chefmeow Garland, TX
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!