Caribbean Pork ChopsFrom minitindel 6 years ago
- 1 green-tipped, large banana, peeled shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 boneless loin pork chops, 1-inch thick shopping list
- 1 large clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons slivered fresh ginger shopping list
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chutney shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lime juice shopping list
- Shredded lettuce or hot cooked rice, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Cut banana in half crosswise, then lengthwise into 4 pieces. In non-stick skillet, brown bananas on both sides in oil (2 to 3 minutes). Remove from skillet.
- Brown chops on both sides, covered, for 2 to 3 minutes total, in same skillet. Stir in garlic and ginger; cook lightly, stirring constantly.
- Stir in coconut milk, water, chutney and cayenne. Spoon over pork chops. Cover, simmer 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in lime juice. Remove from heat. Serve chops with bananas over shredded lettuce or rice, if desired. Spoon sauce over top.