soft applesauce cinnamon barsFrom rcragun 8 years ago
- Dough shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup softened butter shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 4 cups flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Bars shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce shopping list
How to make it
- Mix all of the dough ingredients together in the order listed above until you have a thick dough.
- Refrigerate the dough for about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Spray an 11 x 9 baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar, set aside.
- On a lightly floured board roll out one half of the dough to cover the bottom and slightly up the sides of the baking pan. Alternatively, you can simply press the dough into the bottom of the dish and about 1/2 inch up the sides.
- Spread the applesauce evenly over the dough layer.
- Crumble the remaining dough over the applesauce filling.
- Sprinkle with the spice/sugar mixture.
- Bake 50 minutes until evenly browned and top is crisp.
- Cool completely and cut into bars.
- Note: You can just make the dough, roll into 1 inch balls and coat with sugar and cinnamon for sugar cookies.
People Who Like This Dish 2
- natlev10 Spring Valley, NY
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookrcragun Tampa, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!