Homemade Tomato SauceFrom starfish092798 7 years ago
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 sweet onion (finely minced) shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic (grated on Microplane) shopping list
- 1/8 C water shopping list
- 2 T Canola or olive oil shopping list
- 2 T Hot Giardiniera relish shopping list
- Lawry's garlic salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Mince onions, set aside.
- In medium sauce pot, heat oil over medium heat and add onions to gently saute. Once onions are becoming translucent, add garlic and garlic salt and pepper to taste and cook for about 30 -60 seconds more, so the garlic doesn't burn.
- Pour in tomatoes, water and giardiniera.
- Turn to low and let simmer about 15 minutes longer for the flavors to merry.
- Use on pasta or as I do in the Spaghetti Casserole.
The Cookstarfish092798 IL
- Not added to any groups yet!