crumb cakeFrom rcragun 6 years ago
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided (1 1/2 and 2 1/2) shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk (can use soy milk) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons canola oil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup light-brown sugar, firmly packed shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled shopping list
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease a 9-by-12 1/2-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray (e.g., Pam). Set aside
- In a medium bowl, sift together 1 1/2 cups flour, the granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In the same bowl, slowly mix in the egg, milk, canola oil, and vanilla until thoroughly mixed.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl (can use the same bowl), combine the remaining 2 1/2 cups flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Pour the melted butter over the flour mixture and mix until large crumbs form (you may need to adjust the consistency with a little flour - it should not be one clump but lots of little crumbs).
- Sprinkle the crumbs over the batter and bake, rotating pan after 20 minutes.
- Continue baking until a cake tester comes out clean, about 15 minutes more.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar.
- Using a serrated knife, cut into 3-inch squares, and serve.
- (Note: This cake can be stored, refrigerated, in an airtight container for up to 3 days.)
People Who Like This Dish 2
- monkiestree Nampa, ID
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookrcragun Tampa, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!