Spicy Sauteed Frog LegsFrom dariana 9 years ago
- 2 pounds frog legs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 shallot, minced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tomato, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 3 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons parsley (optional) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add frog legs, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sauté each side about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- (Note: Don't have heat too high or it will splatter all over.) May cover while browning.
- Remove legs, set aside on a platter.
- Clean skillet. Put in oil and butter, add shallots and garlic, sauté until tender. Sprinkle with flour.
- Stirring, slowly whisk in chicken stock. Keep whisking as it thickens, turn down heat to low.
- Add Old Bay Seasoning, tomatoes, parsley and paprika, salt and pepper to taste.