Chilled Lobster and Vegetable Terrine with Smoked Yellow Tomato CoulisFrom grizzlybear 7 years ago
- 2 ounces unflavored gelatin shopping list
- 2 quarts lobster stock shopping list
- 8 each 5” sections of carrots shopping list
- 8 each 5” sections of medium leeks shopping list
- 2 dozen 5” section medium asparagus spears shopping list
- 6 each 1¼ lb. Maine lobsters shopping list
- 1 large red tomato shopping list
- 1 large yellow tomato shopping list
- ½ pound baby spinach shopping list
- 6 large portobello mushrooms shopping list
- 4 ounces non-fat yogurt shopping list
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme shopping list
How to make it
- Bloom gelatin in one cup of cool lobster stock, and add to remaining hot lobster stock. Set aside to stay warm (100 degrees).
- Blanch carrots, leeks, and asparagus so that they are firm but not overcooked.
- Kill lobsters by inserting a sharp knife at the cross mark in the top of the head, and pull down between the eyes, then run a steel skewer up through the underside of the tail shell, so the tail meat will stay straight while cooking. Cook the lobsters in lightly salted boiling water, with some bay leaves and celery for 10-12 minutes after water comes back to boiling. Immediately chill lobsters in ice water. When cold, carefully remove tail, claw, and knuckle meat in whole pieces from the shells.
- Line terrine pan with plastic wrap, smoothing out all wrinkles. Place a layer of baby spinach to cover pan bottom, then pour enough lobster stock to cover spinach. Split four of the carrots and leeks in half lengthwise, and alternate in terrine pan to form a layer and cover with stock.
- Now form a layer in the pan with the six lobster tails and cover with stock. (Be sure to press down to remove any air bubbles). Form a layer with the asparagus, and cover with stock. Add the portobello mushrooms and fill around them with baby spinach. Cover with stock.
- With the large red and yellow tomato, remove seeds and dice to ¼” thickness. Mix with yogurt, salt, pepper and thyme. Create a layer with this mixture and cover with stock. Continue making layers in terrine with remaining ingredients, in reverse order (replacing tails with 12 pieces of claw meat.)
- When finished, cover with plastic film and refrigerate overnight.
- 3 large yellow tomatoes
- To taste salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Smoke the 3 yellow tomatoes and cool. Puree in food processor with remaining ingredients and pass through a fine chinois. Chill and reserve for service.
- To Serve
- Remove terrine from pan by lifting the sides of plastic. Remove plastic and cut a 1” slice from the loaf. Pour one ounce of coulis on a plate followed by the slice of lobster and vegetable terrine. Garnish with diced lobster knuckle meat and fresh thyme.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!