Roasted Beef with MacaroniFrom alagrecque 6 years ago
- 1 kg. veal (loin) cut in cubes of 5 cm. shopping list
- 1 shallot (chopped) shopping list
- 2 tbs olive oil shopping list
- 1 tbs butter shopping list
- 2 tbs tomato puree shopping list
- 1 tbs allspice (whole fruits) shopping list
- 200 gr. ripe tomatoes (peeled, seeded and cut in chunks) shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled) shopping list
- 200 gr. red dry wine shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 500 gr. macaroni shopping list
- kefalotiri or Parmesan to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Wash the meat pieces and pat dry it with a towel or kitchen paper.
- Heat the oil with the butter in a casserole and when the oil starts to smoke, saute the meat from each side, turning it only when the pieces start to free from the bottom of our pan.
- Then add the onion and saute for a few more minutes till the onion gets golden brown.
- Add the wine and the rest of the ingredients and reduce the temperature of the heat.
- Let it simmer, covered for approx. 1 hour.
- Boil the macaroni in lots of salted water and when done serve with the meat and kefalotiri.
The Cookalagrecque Thessaloniki, GR
- Not added to any groups yet!