Pepper-crusted Filet MignonFrom dtharris 7 years ago
- 1 tbsp whole black peppercorns shopping list
- 1 tsp whole fennel seeds shopping list
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (filet mignon), each 1 inch thick shopping list
- 3 medium peppers (orange, yellow, and/or orange) shopping list
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare outdoor grill for covered direct grilling over medium-high heat.
- Crush peppercorns and fennel seeds. With hands, pat spice mixture around edges of steaks. Cover and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Cut each pepper lengthwise in half; discard stems and seeds. With hand, flatten each pepper half. Make sure all edges are flat.
- Place skin side down on grill. Cover grill and cook until skins are charred and blistered, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer peppers to bowl; cover with plate and let steam at room temperature until cool enough to handle. Reset temperature to medium.
- Remove peppers from bowl. Peel skins and discard. Cut peppers lengthwise into 1/4-inch wide strips. Return peppers to same bowl and toss with parsley, oil, and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Sprinkle steaks with salt to taste. Place steaks on hot grill rack over medium heat. Cover grill and cook, turning once, 8 to 10 minutes for medium-rare or until desired doneness. Serve steaks topped with peppers.