Pork BarbecueFrom cherrie 7 years ago
- 2 kilos of pork (preferably with a little fat), sliced diagonally shopping list
- 1/2 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 3/4 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup kalamansi juice or lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tbsp ground black peppercorns shopping list
- 4 heads pounded garlic shopping list
- 1 or 2 pieces chili pepper, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 small bottle of Sprite shopping list
- bamboo skewers shopping list
How to make it
- Marinate pork slices in a mixture of soy sauce, sugar, kalamansi or lemon juice, ground black peppercorns, garlic, chili, and Sprite. Mix well. Refrigerate for a few hours to marinate or preferably overnight.
- Skewer pork in barbecue sticks. Preheat grill. We usually do this outdoor cause charcoal grill is still the best. When the grill is hot, brush with some oil and arrange barbecue. Cook barbecue until done, then brush with sauce.
- To make the sauce, just melt 1/2 cup butter in a saucepan. Remove from heat and add 1 piece of chopped chili, 1/4 cup ketchup and 1 tbsp kalamansi or lemon juice. Mix well and use this to brush on the cooked barbecue.