Monkey BiscuitsFrom lasjon 5 years ago
- 1 lb. ground beef shopping list
- 1 medium onion minced shopping list
- 1-2 cloves of garlic minced shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- Your choice of home-made biscuits or (as I prefer) Pillsbury Grands Southern style biscuits. shopping list
- vegetable oil to come up 1/4-1/2in. of a medium-sized pot. shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a small amount of oil to temperature over medium to medium-high heat and add the onion and garlic until onions are tender.
- Add beef to brown and salt and pepper to taste.
- Once brown, drain and set aside in warm area to keep warm.
- No matter what kind of biscuits you use, take each biscuit and press them to about 1/8 in. thick and cut into half or quarter them depending on how large you would like the finished product to be.
- Spoon beef into the center of the halved or quartered biscuit, bring one side to the other and close the ends all around very well.
- Once all of the biscuits are prepared, heat oil to 300-350 degrees.
- Slowly drop biscuits into oil in batches of 3-5 at a time making sure not to crowd the pot and fry to a golden brown.
- Set finished biscuits on a rack or plate with paper towels to cool off.