Carls Jr Santa Fe ChickenFrom marky90 6 years ago
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 1 cup teriyaki marinade (Lawry's is best) shopping list
- The Sauce: (Great for other sandwiches too) shopping list
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder shopping list
- 1 pinch salt shopping list
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns shopping list
- 4 lettuce leaves shopping list
- 1 can mild green chili peppers - (4 oz) -- drained shopping list
- 4 slices American cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Marinate the chicken in the teriayki marinade in a shallow bowl for 30
- Preheat a clean barbecue to medium grilling heat. Prepare the sauce in a small bowl by mixing the mayonnaise with the paprika, cayenne pepper,curry powder, and salt.
- Grill the chicken for 5 to 8 minutes per side, or until done.
- Brown the faces of each bun in a hot frying pan. Spread a tablespoon of sauce on the faces of each bun, top and bottom. On each bottom bun place a lettuce leaf, then a green chili pepper. You want the pepper to spread over most of the lettuce. To do this, slice the pepper down the middle and spread it open so that it covers more territory. When sliced open like this, some peppers are big enough for 2 sandwiches. Some are much smaller and enough for only one sandwich.
- Place one chicken breast half on each of the sandwiches, on top of the chili pepper. Place a slice of American cheese on the chicken. Top it all off with the top bun.
- Onion Rings and a Shake and you are good to go~
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating6 people
This sounds fantastic!! And you snuck some of my favorite in here - mayo! Bryan will thank you for this one, too! On the weekend menu. Thanks for sharing.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
HOW did you ever manage to get this recipe?
This particular sandwich at 'Carls' is my
'all-time' favorite, too....I live in So. Cal.
and there is a 'Carl's just down the street from me...guess they won't be getting my busine...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Shake it don't break it! Delicious!jett2whit in Union City loved it