Tutti FruttiFrom bluewaterandsand 5 years ago
- Use a two gallon stone crock. peaches, peeled plums, strawberries, raspberries, pineapple, and cherries may be used as they come into season. shopping list
- Start this March by placing one cup of brandy or rum (I prefer rum) shopping list
- in the crock, with one cup prepared fruit. shopping list
- Thereafter, add one cup sugar with every cup of fruit. shopping list
- Stir every day. In the fall, cover a heavy pan lid wrapped in plastic and place it in the crock, on top of the fruit to weigh down the fruit under the liquid. shopping list
- Seal the crock with more plastic wrap and leave it until December. shopping list
- If desired, a whole banana may be added before sealing. shopping list
- I feel this mellows the slightly alcoholic intriguing flavor the fermented dessert acquires. shopping list
- Serve Tutti Frutti over ice cream. shopping list
- When fruit is gone, the sauce may be shopping list
- used to baste ham, or as a pancake syrup. shopping list
How to make it
- You can eat the fruit out of the crock and just keep adding more, if you wish to.
The Cookbluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
- Not added to any groups yet!