Pasta with Salmon SauceFrom fairydragonfly 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup shallots, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 pound fresh or smoked salmon, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 cups whipping cream shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Italian flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (optional) shopping list
- 1 pound linguine or bowtie pasta shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saute pan, melt the butter and cook the shallots for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the salmon and saute another 2-3 minutes (if you are using smoked salmon, you do not need to cook).
- Add the cream and bring sauce to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add salt and pepper to taste and 1 tablespoon of parsley.
- Keep the sauce warm over low heat.
- In a large pot over high heat, bring water to a boil.
- Cook pasta according to package directions or until al dente.
- Drain the noodles, return them to the cooking pot, and mix in three-quarters of the sauce.
- Transfer to a serving platter and top with remaining sauce, Parmesan cheese and parsley.
The Cookfairydragonfly Winnipeg, CA
The Rating1 people
I made this recipe and while it was pretty tasty it seemed to be missing something, though I have no idea what. I think my biggest disappointment with it was the fact that the sauce didn't become creamy. Quite tasty though.foodie_maria in Guelph loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!