Low And Slow Tri-tipFrom rkennedy 8 years ago
How to make it
- Mince onion and garlic.
- Add onion and garlic to soy sauce and Italian dressing.
- Sprinkle salt and crushed black/red pepper on tri-tip (both sides).
- Place in zip-lock bag and gently tenderize.
- Once both sides of the meat have been tenderized, add Italian dressing, soy sauce, garlic, and onion. Place in fridge for 1 hour.
- Heat the BBQ to 400 degrees. Sear the top of the tri-tip first, roughly 2 mins, and repeat to the bottom .
- Once both sides are seared, turn heat to low.
- Flip tri-tip 3 to 4 times for 60 min basting as you go.
- Once meat reaches 150 degrees pull off the grill.