Maple Mustard Glazed HamFrom gourmetloveaffair 8 years ago
- For the Ham: shopping list
- 1 whole ham (not pre-sliced) shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or enough for basting the whole thing) shopping list
- 1 or 2 teaspoons of crushed dried sage (depending on how big the ham is) shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup shopping list
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons of spicy brown mustard shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon whole-grain mustard (for texture) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- In a roasting pan, place ham cut-side down.
- Make 1/2 inch deep diagonal cuts all the way around the ham about and inch apart. Now go the opposite way to create a criss-cross pattern.
- In a small bowl, combine the crushed dried sage and olive oil.
- Baste the entire ham (including the cut side) with the oil/sage mixture.
- Place ham in oven for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze: Combine the sugar and maple syrup in another bowl.
- Mix until there are no more lumps, then add mustards and nutmeg.
- When the ham has been in the oven for an hour turn the heat up to 375 F and remove the ham to add the glaze.
- The glaze will be THICK, so try using a rubber spatula or a grill brush (the ones made of silicone with super thick "bristles")
- Coat entire ham with glaze.
- Place back in over for 30-45 minutes, or until the glaze has caramelized and crisped up. (you don't want it to burn though!)
- Take ham out 15 minutes before serving/slicing as it need time to cool and the juices need to redistribute.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- gourmetloveaffair Glendale, AZ
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔