Ham-broccoli RollsFrom franklyfancy 8 years ago
- 2 rectangular slices boiled ham, cut 1/4 inch thick shopping list
- 2 slices process Swiss cheese* shopping list
- 1 10-ounce package of frozen broccoli spears, cooked and drained** shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish shopping list
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon grated onion shopping list
- 1 slightly beaten egg yolk shopping list
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
How to make it
- Top each ham slice with slice of cheese. Place half the cooked broccoli on each.
- In heavy saucepan melt butter. Blend in flour, salt, horseradish, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and onion. Combine egg yolk and pineapple juice; blend into butter mixture. Stir in milk. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, till thick and bubbling (this will take roughly 10 minutes).
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon sauce over broccoli. Roll ham and cheese around broccoli.
- Secure with wooden picks. Place rolls in shallow baking dish. Cover; bake in moderate oven (350 degrees) about 25 minutes.
- Reheat remaining sauce, adding milk if necessary (this will be necessary). Spoon hot mustard sauce over ham rolls. Makes 2 servings.
- Visit frankly fancy for more photos and recipes like this one!