Artichokes With Spicy CrabFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 24 baby artichokes shopping list
- 1 lemon shopping list
- 3/4 pound fresh cooked crabmeat shopping list
- 1/4 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1 tablespoon capers shopping list
- 1/4 cup green peppers finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion shopping list
- 3 tablespoons minced shallot shopping list
- 2 tablespoons white wine shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- Minced fresh parsley for garnish shopping list
- lemon wedges for accompaniment shopping list
How to make it
- Pull off dark green outer leaves of artichokes until you reach the pale green heart.
- Cut 1/2" off top and trim stem end down to the pale green part.
- Rub artichoke hearts well with lemon and cook in boiling salted water until tender.
- Drain and pat dry then pull out some of the innermost leaves and spread hearts open slightly.
- In a bowl combine crabmeat, cream, capers, green pepper, green onion and mustard.
- In a small skillet heat butter and oil then add shallots and cook 5 minutes.
- Add wine and cook until mixture is reduced to a glaze then cool slightly and add to crab mixture.
- Season with salt, pepper and Worcestershire then garnish with minced parsley and lemons.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!