Pasta BroccoliFrom dahlka 5 years ago
- pasta (I used a box of ziti....but penne, spaghetti, or any of your favorites will do! shopping list
- 2 bunches of fresh broccoli shopping list
- 5 or 6 cloves of garlic shopping list
- garlic powder (to taste) shopping list
- fresh grated parmesan cheese (to taste) shopping list
- olive oil (to saute broccoli and then coat pasta) shopping list
- salt (to taste) shopping list
- flat leaf parsley (for garnish) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, wash and cut broccoli into bite-sized bits.
- Mince garlic.
- Saute broccoli in large skillet with a touch of olive oil. I wanted it to be al dente...not the mushy variety you get when you steam it.
- As broccoli is nearing desired "done-ness", add garlic to pan. You don't want to scorch it, so add it at the end so it just gets tender.
- When the pasta is done, drain as normal.
- Pour cooked pasta into skillet with broccoli and garlic.
- Add more olive oil (I just eyeballed it, so there was enough oil to coat the noodles lightly)
- Sample your work! At this point, decide if you want more garlicky flavor. Add garlic powder if you do!
- Sprinkle a bit of salt over contents of skillet, if you want.
- Next, grate some fresh Parmesan cheese over the contents of skillet! You can use the kind in the jar too....the fresh stuff just makes it a little cheesier!
- Lightly chop some flat leaf parsley and sprinkle over the top as a garnish.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
The Cookdahlka Lancaster, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!