CHOCOLATE MOUSEFrom tinadc 8 years ago
- 400 g Melted chocolate shopping list
- 6 egg yolks shopping list
- 6 egg whites shopping list
- 150 g butter shopping list
- 50 g sugar shopping list
- 250 ml Fresh double cream shopping list
- 250 ml Double Thick Plain yoghurt shopping list
- Half a cup liqueur of your choice shopping list
- Half a cup maple syrup shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk the yolks and sugar with an electric mixer on high speed util the mis is pale Yellow (appro 10 min).
- With the mixer still running at high speed, use a hair dryer on it's highest setting to heat up the mix to at least 30 degrees.
- The mix will becom 'leathery' and will form stiff points when the whisk is lifted out of the mix.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or microwave till all pieces are melted and add in a slow stream to the egg mix with the mixer on it's slowest setting
- Add chunks of butter straight from the fridge
- Mix at slow speed to cool down.
- Add the yoghurt straight from the firdge (it is even better to keep it in the freezerfor an hour or so)
- The yoghurt will cool it down even more
- Whixk the egg whites till stiff and add the heated liqueur and maple syrup in a slow stream
- Be careful not to whisk the egg whites till itisd dry because it can separate when folded into the chocolate mix.
- It must be opaque and shiny
- Fold imediately one third into the chocolate mix and mix throroughly with a metal spoon.
- Add the rest and mix in slow movements
- Whisk the cream till stiff and add to the chocolate mix until fully incorporated and an even colour
- Keep in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving..
- This is heaven on you tongue,,,, enjoy my fellow foodies,,, mwah