Chicken Stock a la StefanieFrom scearley 9 years ago
- 4 to 5.5 pounds of chicken pieces (backs, necks, wings, legs, thighs), or one whole roasting chicken shopping list
- 16 cups cold water (or more if needed to just cover) shopping list
- 1 yellow onion, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 6 bunches of celery leaves shopping list
- 6 (brown) cardamom pods shopping list
- 1 Tbsp ground ginger shopping list
How to make it
- Put chicken and water in a large stockpot. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer, skimming off any scum that rises to the surface, for about 30 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer, uncovered, about 3 hours, adding water as needed to keep ingredients covered.
- Strain into a clean pot or heatproof plastic container.
- Cool quickly (uncovered) by putting the pot into an icewater bath.
- Refrigerate until ready to use
- Remove any fat congealed on the top before using.
- Makes roughly 12 cups.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- scearley Federal Way, WA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔