Beany Sausage JambalayaFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup diced red onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced celery shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped garlic shopping list
- 1 cup converted rice uncooked shopping list
- 4 ounces smoked sausage cut into 1/4-inch slices shopping list
- 4 ounces ham cut into 1/2-inch pieces shopping list
- 2 cans diced tomatoes and green chilies shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 2 cans ranch style beans undrained shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a heavy saucepot over medium high heat.
- Add onion, green pepper and celery then cook until onions are translucent then add garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
- Add rice, sausage and ham.
- Cook 3 minutes to coat rice with oil stirring frequently.
- Add next 4 ingredients and heat to boiling.
- Cover and steam 25 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf then stir in beans and serve.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!