Tvp Vegetable Stew In CrockpotFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 3 to 4 cups of textured vegetable protein in coarse chunks size shopping list
- ( available at the health foods store ) shopping list
- 4 cups of vegetable or mushroom broth shopping list
- 12 oz of Soyrizo ( soy chorizo flavor ) sausage ( avialable shopping list
- at health foods sections in many supermarkets and Walmart's shopping list
- Remove casing and squeeze out contents. shopping list
- 1 large green bell papper coarse diced shopping list
- 1 large carrot sliced in thin coins shopping list
- 1 large onion chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic chopped shopping list
- 1 cup of sauteed mushrooms ( I use Portobello ) shopping list
- 1 small conainter of cherry tomatoes cut in half. shopping list
- 1 large dried mild or hot chili pepper shopping list
- Optional: grated cheese to shred over ( any kind you like )or a dollop of sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Bring broth to a boil and pour over TVP in crockpot.
- Let stand 10 minutes and most of liquid should be absorbed.
- If not, just keep it and it will be absorbed more during cooking.
- Simply add remaining ingredients ( except cheese or sour cream ),
- Mix well and cook high for 3 to 4 hours, stirring quickly 2 or 3 times.
- When vegetables are tender, stew is done.
- Reheats and freezes well.
- Note: TVP comes in various sizes from small granules, flakes etc.
- For a more chili kind of recipe, simply use the smaller granules
- Along with cornbread and a salad , one has a great meal.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating1 people
Honestly I never ate any tvp or that soy sausage stuff but the photo looks relly great and i blelive you that it is good~!herby in Albany loved it