Garbanzo and Rice Vegan StewFrom silver_raven_venus 8 years ago
- 1 cup parbroiled rice (this is the non-sticky kind, so it cooks in soups really well! never gets too "gooey") shopping list
- 1 can garbanzo beans, both the liquid and the beans--do not drain! shopping list
- 1/2 small bottle of roasted bell pepper-you want both the liquid for the stew. Dice the pepper (should be 1 large whole and maybe 1 small pepper and 1/4-1/2 cup of liquid from the bottle) shopping list
- 2 tsp-2 TBSP of garlic salt (how you like it) shopping list
- Crushed red pepper or dried pepper, torn up shopping list
- Italian spices (I used about 4 TBSP) shopping list
- lemon Concentrate to taste (I used about 1/8th-1/4 cup) shopping list
- water shopping list
- 1/4-3/4 cup Garden Style sketti sauce (it's ok to use the store/generic brands, that's what I did) shopping list
How to make it
- Put enough water to boil the rice (2-3 cups)
- Add in the rice
- Boil the rice, then simmer
- Prep the crushed red pepper and put that and the italian spices in
- Add the liquid from the beans and the roasted bell pepper
- Cover and continue to simmer until the rice is about to your liking
- Prep the roasted bell pepper while waiting
- Pour in the diced roasted pepper, garbanzo beans, garlic salt, and lemon concentrate.
- Pour in the spaghetti sauce, to taste.
The Cooksilver_raven_venus Riverview, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!