Whole Wheat Applesauce CakeFrom rae 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 c unsweetened applesauce shopping list
- 3/4 c Unsifted whole wheat flour shopping list
- 3/4 c brown sugar (Unpacked) shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- oil Spray shopping list
- Extra flour for Coating Pan shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray and flour an 8x8 square baking dish.
- Mix applesauce with all ingredients less the flour.
- Mix in flour.
- Pour batter into pan. Bake 40 minutes.
- Many people do not care for the strong flavor of the cloves. I love the flavor and the health benefits. Try cutting the clove in half. Also, if your clove is old or too much is added, it becomes bitter...somewhat comparable to cinnamon. If your cake is too moist, you could try to use half unsweetened applesauce and half sparkling water. I have have great results in the past with all of these suggestions.
- Happy baking!
The Cookrae Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!