Grilled Lamb Chops with Spicy Chili-Cilantro SauceFrom lindsayll 8 years ago
- 4 tablespoons chili powder shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder shopping list
- 8 1-inch-thick lamb loin chops (about 2 3/4 to 3 pounds total) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic shopping list
- 2 cups dry red wine shopping list
- 2 cups beef stock or canned beef broth shopping list
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) chilled butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Combine 2 tablespoons chili powder, cilantro, oregano, cumin and garlic powder in small bowl. Coat lamb chops with spice mixture. Place lamb chops in glass baking dish. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic and sauté 2 minutes. Add red wine, beef stock and remaining 2 tablespoons chili powder. Boil until sauce is reduced to 3/4 cup, about 30 minutes. Remove sauce from heat. Add butter 1 piece at a time, whisking until melted after each addition.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler. Grill or broil lamb chops to desired doneness, about 6 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Place 2 lamb chops on each of 4 plates. Spoon sauce over lamb and serve.