Chinese Chicken SaladFrom cali_cat8 5 years ago
- 6-8 boneless/skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 bottle teriyaki sauce shopping list
- 2-3 packages angel hair shredded cabbage (do not use the cole slaw with red cabbage & carrot) shopping list
- 2 bunches green onion, sliced (if you do not like a lot of green onion cut back on these some) shopping list
- 1 large package slivered almonds (do not use the sliced) shopping list
- 3 packages Maruchan chicken Flavored ramen noodle soup shopping list
- dressing shopping list
- 1 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 cup safflower oil (like Saffola) shopping list
- 1/2 cup white vinegar shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 ¼ -3 seasoning packets from the Ramen soup mentioned above shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare the dressing.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the ingredients. You can adjust the amounts of sugar, vinegar, and seasoning to taste. Cover the dressing and refrigerate at least 4 hours or best if overnight.
- Cooking the Chicken
- Using a large skillet, place the chicken breasts and pour the entire bottle of Teriyaki over them. Sauté’ the chicken until it is cooked thoroughly and the Teriyaki sauce has reduced to a glaze. Let the chicken cool and then cut slice and or cut into small pieces.
- Preparing the Noodles
- Place the Ramen noodles in a plastic bag and crush into very small pieces.
- Making the Salad
- Combine the cabbage, green onions, silvered almonds and chicken, toss well. Add the crushed Ramen noodles and toss with the dressing just before serving.