Potato soupFrom marbro_45 6 years ago
- 3 to 4 cups potatoes peeled and cubed shopping list
- 2/3 cup butter shopping list
- 3 cups onions chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic shopping list
- 1 cup mushrooms shopping list
- 1 quart chicken stock shopping list
- ½ pint of cream shopping list
- salt and white pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 cup of chopped fresh green onions shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- ¼ cup bacon bits shopping list
How to make it
- In large pot add potatoes and chicken stock, and salt and pepper to taste add some water if needed to keep potatoes covered with liquid and bring to a boil reduce heat to a simmer.
- Then in a skillet add butter, minced garlic, and onions heating till onions are clear on a medium high heat.
- Then add mushrooms cooking until they are tender. When mushrooms are tender add to the pot with the potatoes.
- Cook down until the potatoes are done and starting to fall apart, then add the cream and cook over medium heat until mixture is heated through.
- When serving ladle into bowls and garnish with chopped onions, cheese and bacon bits.
The Cookmarbro_45 College Station, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!