Basil Pesto NZ Green Lipped MusselsFrom kmarita 8 years ago
- 1 Dozen (or more) New Zealand Green Lipped mussels shopping list
- white wine shopping list
- 2 cups fresh basil shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 3 Tbsp toasted pine nuts shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced shopping list
- juice of 2 lemons shopping list
How to make it
- To make the pesto, just add basil, pine nuts, cheese, olive oil, garlic and lemon juice, and blend them up, then put aside
- Steam the mussels very lightly with the wine
- Then shuck them open and loosen the meat from the shell and reserve the meat on the half shell.
- Lay out on an oven tray, you might want to put foil down.
- Add about a tablespoon of the pesto and place on top of the mussel
- Place in a hot oven for about 5 minutes
The Cookkmarita Christchurch, New Zealand, NZ
- Not added to any groups yet!