Vegan Chicken Sundried Tomato Sandwiches With Basil Olive PestoFrom veryvegan 8 years ago
- Sandwiches: shopping list
- 3 oz (about 3/4 c) sundried tomatoes packed in water shopping list
- a long loaf (about 20 inches) French or Italian bread OR individual loaves of panini shopping list
- 1/2 c basil olive pesto shopping list
- 6-8 oz veggie chicken shopping list
- 1/2 bunch arugula, trimmed (about 1 cup) shopping list
- basil Olive Pesto: shopping list
- 1 large garlic clove shopping list
- 1 c packed fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 1 c packed fresh parsley leaves, preferably flat-leaf shopping list
- 1/3 c pine nuts shopping list
- 1/4 c olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 c Kalamata or other brine-cured black olives, pitted and chopped fine shopping list
How to make it
- In heatproof bowl, pour enough boiling water over tomatoes to cover. Let stand 20-30 minutes, or until soft.
- Drain tomatoes, pat dry. Cut loaf diagonally into 4 pieces and halve each piece horizontally.
- Spread pesto on cut sides of bread to make 4 sandwiches with chicken, tomatoes, and arugula.
- Make Basil Olive Pesto: To a food processor with motor running add garlic, blend until minced.
- Add basil, parsley, pine nuts and blend well. Add oil, blend until smooth. Transfer pesto to bowl, stir in olives.
- Pesto may be made 5 days ahead and chilled, surface covered tightly with plastic wrap. Bring pesto to room temperature before using. Makes about 3/4 cup.
- If you want to go over the top and make a fancier sandwich, bake a loaf of "Annie's Rosemary Garlic Bread" and make sandwiches on it while bread is still hot from the oven.
The Cookveryvegan Winnipeg, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!