Vegan French ToastFrom veryvegan 5 years ago
- Italian or French bread, slightly stale shopping list
- 1/2 c soy creamer shopping list
- 1/2 c rice or soy milk shopping list
- 2 tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 c chickpea flour shopping list
- vegetable or canola oil shopping list
- Optional toppings: Sliced bananas, strawberries, cinnamon, maple syrup, vegan whipped topping, etc. shopping list
How to make it
- Slice bread into 1 inch rounds.
- Mix creamer, milk and cornstarch in wide, shallow bowl. Stir until starch dissolves. Add flour and mix well.
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium high heat, add 1-2 tbsp oil to coat bottom.
- Soak bread, add to the skillet.
- Cook on each side for 2 or 3 minutes, until golden brown.