Vegan Carrot CakeFrom veryvegan 5 years ago
- For cake: shopping list
- 3/4 c sugar shopping list
- 1/2 c brown sugar shopping list
- 2 c flour shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 3 c finely shredded carrots shopping list
- 3/4 c vegetable oil shopping list
- 3/4 c apple sauce shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- egg replacer for 4 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 c chopped nuts (optional) shopping list
- For frosting: shopping list
- 3 oz Better Than cream cheese, room temperature shopping list
- 1/4 c margarine shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 1/2 c powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- For cake, grease and flour 10" X 9" cake pan.
- Stir together dry ingredients.
- Mix in carrots, egg replacer, oil, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Beat 2 - 3 mins, until well mixed. Stir in nuts.
- Bake at 350 F for 50 - 60 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack. Frost when cool.
- For icing, blend all ingredients and frost cake.
People Who Like This Dish 13
- stormy_ide_girl Virginia Beach, VA
- angieaugusta Adelaide, Australia
- karinalarke Oakville, CA
- crystalh Arcata, CA
- williamsutphen77 Chapel Hill, NC
- missnaomimarie Toronto, CA
- emdouglas617 Rexburg, ID
- chef24kat San Clemente, CA
- blondie337 Torrington, CT
- miznicky New York
- Plus 3 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookveryvegan Winnipeg, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!