Summer Asian Salad WrapsFrom tinkerbell4bumblebee 7 years ago
- 1 package rice noodle wraps (they are round, about 9 inches diameter, found in asian aisle of grocery store) shopping list
- 1 package skinny vermicelli (SP?) rice noodles shopping list
- 1 or 2 red bell pepers shopping list
- 2 bunches green onions shopping list
- 1 or 2 cucumbers shopping list
- A few large handfuls bean sprouts shopping list
- Can of bamboo shoots or sliced water chestnuts (optional) shopping list
- 1 pound or so large shrimp or prawns shopping list
- Your choice of dipping sauce, I like to use a peanut sauce and a sweet chille sauce. shopping list
How to make it
- Boil noodles (only takes about five minutes). Dran and rinse with cold water. Add a little oil so they don't get too sticky.
- Cut peppers, cucumbers and green onions into 3-4 inch matchsticks.
- Fill a shallow pan with hot water (hot as you can stand it). Take a wrap, submerge into warm water until soft and pliable (about 20-30 seconds depending on how hot the water is.)
- Lay wrap flat. Take a pinch of noodles, place on shell in about a two inch strip on shell, leaving about three inches space at bottom. Add desired veggies and shrimp.
- Fold bottom of wrap up over filling. Fold one side over and roll towards the other side.
- Dip in preferred sauce and enjoy!
- (Tip - I usually line the serving plate with saran sprayed with pam so they don't stick - Try not to stack them on top of each other, if you have to, put a layer of Pammed saran beween layers).
The Cooktinkerbell4bumblebee Duncan, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!