Tangy Mango SaladFrom joyceha 6 years ago
- 2 unripe green mangoes, cleaned and shredded with skin on shopping list
- • 1 small carrots, shredded shopping list
- • 1 bunga kantan, 8-10 young lime leaves, 5 kodok leaves (optional) shopping list
- • 150g red onions or shallots, sliced, 150 g white onions, sliced shopping list
- • 3-5 chillies, sliced, (remove seeds if you want less hot) shopping list
- • 75g dried ikan bilis, fried crispy & set aside (optional) shopping list
- • A handful of fried or toasted peanuts, shopping list
- • 2 tbsp dried prawns, washed, toasted & and chopped or coarsely pounded shopping list
- • 2 packets of local peanut brittles (khong piah). As that is sweetened, you must reduce the palm sugar) shopping list
- salad dressing shopping list
- • 3 tbsp lime juice shopping list
- • 2 tbsp fish sauce shopping list
- • palm sugar or to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Combine shredded mango, carrots with sliced bunga kantan, lime leaves, onions and chillies and dried prawns in a salad bowl. Add crushed peanut biscuits.
- Mix dressing ingredients together and add into the mango mixture. Toss well to combine. Taste and add seasoning if necessary. Just before serving, stir in toasted peanuts and fried anchovies. For those on low salt diet, anchovies can be excluded.
The Cookjoyceha Petaling Jaya, MY
- Not added to any groups yet!